Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Day at the Fair!

Kentucky state fair was in big swing this summer again, and my hubby and I had to make our yearly trip to indulge in games, shows, exhibits, draft beer and best of all, the food.
We 1st caught a show of dancing and singing pigs, silly I know, but cute at the same time. My favorite was Chestor, he was the singing pig in the sunglasses.

After the show, we walked around the exhibits, and I spent the most time in the quilt exhibit. I found some I really liked, and some that looked impossible to make. Here are some pictures of quilts I saw, one was made by the same fabric and blocks as one my mother made. That picture is for her.


These were beautiful aren't they? Maybe some day I will have something to enter into the fair.

Next we went onto the games, my hubby and I were going to try to win a stuffed animal for our big baby, Leo. He loves to chew up anything with soft fabric and stuffing. Hubby tried his hand at the beebe gun, and I threw some skeeball. And look what I won..... (Leo is currently tearing this guy apart) I feel kinda bad for the guy, he was really cute, but hubby wouldn't let me keep him.Now that I am done with the activities we did, here is ALL the food we ate. Yes it was allot. We started with my all time favorite when we got there, gyros. They were soooooooo good, nothing beats a fair gyro. Later we went to separate booths, but both enjoyed different foods on a stick. Once you add "on a stick" to your fair food, you know its going to be 10x better. I went with the classic, corn dog on a stick, but hubby went for pork butt on a stick. Don't tell Chester, but it was really good. Then of course right before we left we had to get everyones favorite from the fair, and I will leave you with a picture of this wonderful pastry.




3 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like you had a yummy time! Some day I'd like to go look at the quilts at the fair. I've seen the second one in person and it was gorgeous. Too bad mine didn't turn out like that!

JP said...

fair looked fun, loved the pigs!

sarah said...

are the pigs real? i can't tell . . .

also, food on a stick=heaven.